Name: Wendy Aspland, trading as “Wendy Aspland”
Address: Unit 63295, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US
Web address: www.wendyaspland.com
Tel: +44 7706 141699
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process some or all of the following information:
- Name, email address, phone number and postal address
- Financial information/payment details
How we get the personal information and why we have it
The information we hold will have been provided directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have enquired about a product or service
- You have purchased a product or service
- You have accessed a free resource
- You have registered for any events and workshops (physical and virtual)
- We have met at a social or business gathering (physical or virtual)
We use the information that you have given us so that:
- We can keep in touch with you and provide you with information about, and access to, products and services, blogs and articles, and other information relating to the legitimate interests of the business.
- We can send you information related to the product/service/event you have purchased or signed up for.
- Provide the services you have requested.
We also use third-party service providers to enable us to provide services, information, and to hold and process your data. Information we hold and process from these third-party providers will always be provided by you and will never be passed on to any other third party by us or used for any other purpose beyond that which it was provided for. The third-party providers we use include:
- Website host
- Microsoft OneDrive
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. By submitting your contact details to receive marketing from us you have given your consent for us to use your personal data for this purpose. You always have the right to withdraw your consent to receive marketing, you can do this by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing email you receive or emailing email@example.com.
- We have a contractual obligation. The services we provide to you are done so under contract or with a view to entering into a contract with you. We require certain information from you to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligation. If you are not able to provide all the information we need we may not be able to provide the service to you and the arrangement may be terminated.
- We have a legitimate interest. GDPR allows us to use legitimate interests for direct marketing purposes in certain circumstances. These are outlined above.
Disposing of your data
When we have concluded the provision of our service to you, we will keep your data for a period of 7 years at which point it will be securely disposed of.
Marketing contact details are held for as long as you remain on our email list.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access– You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification– You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure– You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing– You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing– You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability– You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us in writing to:
PO Box 6945,
Or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk